Tuesday 21 May 2013


Blogs are simply – public diaries. I remember as a child I had a baby blue diary with a tiny lock and key attached to it. I also remember losing that key, which meant I had to cut my diary open. With no lock, it became an open book. As it is now, that diary was filled with hopes, dreams, aspirations, affirmations and experiences. I wasn’t afraid to try anything. I didn’t worry about time. I didn’t think about money.

I’ve spent many years in the entertainment field making stars and orchestrating other people’s dreams. I loved every minute of it. And I just wrote that in the past tense. Feels strange yet liberating. During that time, I filled many of my own dreams too. Some have yet to be realized and THIS IS what MY new venture is about. My creative spirit, my inner child is telling me it’s TIME TO PLAY.

I think as adults, sometimes it’s possible to forget how alive we really are. We can get trapped with responsibilities and limitations. Even the barrage of too frequent, disturbing images and events around the world can make us numb and want to hide under cover. I think it’s possible to forget about our inner child and all the things that make our hearts leap for joy. I think it’s possible to forget about the radiant intelligence of our inner child, especially when discovering something new for the very first time. I want to see more of the wonderment and excitement of the present in the way my inner child sees. I WANT TO CREATE! I WANT TO PAINT! I WANT TO SEE ART, I WANT TO SHARE ART. I WANT TO HOLD ART SHOWS. I WANT TO SELL ART. No confinement, no deadlines, no limitations and if my inner child wants to paint fluffy purple clouds – so be it. The other need my inner child is asking for is a dog and now that I have the time and love to share, I can address this need too. So mission accomplished, a couple more dreams realized.

Join me on my journey and maybe you too will be inspired to let your inner child out to play – because after all, this IS what life is all about.

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an Artist once he grows up” Pablo Picasso

“The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.” Stephen Nachmanovitch

“The thing is to become a master and in your old age to acquire the courage to do what children did when they first knew nothing.” Henry Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment